When we think of “sticky”, we generally think of foods like honey, cinnamon buns, and taffy. Rarely do we think of client retention.As consumers, we receive roughly 4000 brand impressions per day. Your car has a logo, your computer does, too. Billboards, pop-up ads, Facebook, grocery stores, bus stops – heck, you even see ads in bathroom stalls! What that means is that there is a fair amount of clutter to distract you from brand loyalty. Even the most loyal of us find something new because of an ad we see at some point in our day.
Today, I want to talk about what makes you and your brand “sticky”. What do you do to stay in front of your clients, so they aren’t distracted by another realtor? With 68% of new home searches starting online, and websites like Trulia and Zillow offering the perceived value of accuracy and selection, how do you keep your prospects loyal, when they’re seeing their dream home “offered” by another realtor?
Here are a few ways to ensure you are the only realtor for your prospect:
- Send regular emails with helpful, relevant information about buying or selling a home.
- Email newsletters help you establish credibility and offer solid advice for your current market.
- Offer client engagement opportunities by sponsoring a local event such as an Easter Egg Hunt or Trick or Treat event.
- Social Media: go where your clients are. Use Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, even Snapchat and Pinterest to have a presence in your prospect’s online community.
- Make sure your website is functional, responsive, and mobile-friendly.
- Get an App! Your prospects can do their home searches anywhere in the state and see only YOU as their agent. No more agent distractions from Zillow and Trulia.
- Video Marketing goes a long way. Use videos to market hot listings, and even get testimonials with happy clients after their closing.
- Establish yourself as a local community expert. Make sure your website, blogs, and social media platforms reflect your areas of expertise.
- Blogging allows you to connect personally with your prospect by offering insight to specific topics that you may not cover on your static website
- Try a good old fashioned phone call and ask “What can I do to help?”
You can create a sticky brand by being active with your prospects. Real Pro Systems allows you to automate many of these tools, such as drip campaigns and newsletters. Plus, you can get a personal, branded App that will help your clients find their new home and keep them coming to you for assistance with their search!